Thursday 17 February 2011

Some Lovely Things

Quite a good food day today.  Started with:


Marmite Crumpets

I know it's a boring but I had to leave early this morning.


Ancho Chicken Quesadilla

This was from the same place as the burrito the other week, www.picantemexicangrill.co.uk in Victoria. I promised myself I would try these and finally got round to it.  This is the best lunch place around but it is a little pricey (this was £5.25). Went for the hot sauce today which left my nose running and eyes watering at my desk. Maybe they were tears of joy at having a good lunch for once!


Jools' Pregnant Pasta with...


Chicory-less Salad

Another Jamie Oliver recipe.  Anyone would think I had shares in his recipe books or something (I don't).  This pasta was really easy to make; basically just whizzing everything up in the food processor.  I'm loving fennel now I've discovered it and may well put it in everything!  The citrus in the salad cut through the richness of the pasta sauce but I would like to try it as intended with the chicory.  Perhaps it's out of season.  Again we didn't bother with the dessert although I'll definitely be trying it in the future.  We're having the M&S Valentines chocolates instead.

Off to get annoyed with Masterchef again.  I wonder how Lloyd Grossman feels about the newer series. Jealous I imagine...







No comments:

Post a Comment