Saturday 5 February 2011

Man flu

It's not as bad as that yet, just a sore throat and runny nose, but it meant that yesterday my intake was pretty lame and I was too tired to blog.  I also ate my final meal pretty late so I have plenty of lame excuses as to why I didn't blog yesterday.  So I apologise to those few that were waiting in anticipation for it but here's what I ate yesterday:


Fruit and Fibre

Except it wasn't the proper one.  It's Sainsbury's own brand so it's probably called 'Fruit and Flakes' or 'Bran Fruit' or something. I really can't taste the difference between branded cereal and own brands and own brands are much cheaper.  Either they use the same product in different packaging or my palate is rather unrefined.  Let's go with the former...


Cheese, Tomato and Mustard Toastie

Except it wasn't a toastie because I don't have a toastie maker and although I have asked several times for some of those bags that you put in the toaster, I still haven't received any in my Christmas stocking (hint hint).  I have been warned that they catch fire by the way but if anyone knows of any good ones please feel free to recommend.  So this was actually cheese on toast with a lid of toast.  Enjoyed muchly!


Szechwan Prawn and Red Pepper Crackers

I went a bit mad in M&S yesterday and these were buy one get one free.  I don't like them.  They were really salty and tasted like sundried tomatoes.  Won't be buying these again.  Luckily the other pack I bought were standard prawn crackers.


Japanese Prawn Noodle Soup 

This is the same as the one I had the other day except this time I had nicer noodles (still not my preferred Amoy ones) and added these dim sum dumplings from M&S.  They are VERY good and I think low fat.     As it was Friday night I thought I'd make it seem more like a takeaway so I also bought:

Spring Rolls and Prawn Toast

They look naughty and bad for you but they weren't too bad and they were part of an offer with the dumplings (3 for £5) so it was well worth it.  Despite eating all that for dinner and buying a bottle of wine (although I didn't drink that in the end), this was all still cheaper than ordering from our usual takeaway.  It won't be a regular substitute but good for when I'm trying to be healthier or money's a little tight.

I'm out on the town tonight and although I will do my best to take pictures of all the filth I eat (there WILL be filth), I can guarantee I won't be in any fit state to update the blog so expect one late tomorrow afternoon.  To keep you going here's today's breakfast:

Bacon and Poached Egg on Toast

Standard weekend breakfast.



   









No comments:

Post a Comment