Saturday 12 February 2011

Breakfast Panic

I don't know what it is but I HAVE to eat breakfast.  If I don't I get moody and feel ill.  As you've seen in previous blogs, I normally have breakfast at work from a polystyrene box and although this isn't the most enjoyable, it's necessary.  I don't often eat breakfast before I leave work because I prefer to sleep an extra few minutes and also it's too early.  If I eat at 7.30 I'll be hungry by about 10.

The problem is when I have an early meeting so can't eat at my desk.  Yesterday was one of those days where I had a conference and needed to locate breakfast.  I got to Canary Wharf early with the intention of buying a Valentine's gift and getting something to eat before the conference began (they don't provide food at these things anymore-stupid credit crunch). There are loads of places to eat here but I didn't fancy anything on offer so I ended up panicking, looking in every food establishment's window for inspiration and finding not much.  Time was running out and not getting anything wasn't an option; the thought of my stomach rumbling through these boring talks filled me with dread (why is it so embarrassing?!). So I settled for:


Pret Smoked Salmon and Egg Baguette

Considering I moaned about Pret the other day, I've eaten there quite a lot this week.  As I can't walk and eat at the same time (I can't breathe when I do this and sound like a wheezy elephant as I struggle for breath and chew), I had to sit on a bench in the middle of the shopping centre; stared at by the City boys and commuters as egg dribbled down my chin and a flurry of crumbs surrounded me.

Turns out there was a cafe in the conference centre.

I also ate:


Pastrami Bagel from Waitrose

Nothing to write home about.



Twiglets

Love these.  Apparently they do Worcester Sauce flavour now too.  I want some.


Chicken Fajitas

I made the fajita filling from scratch with lots of a cumin.  Much nicer than the packet rubbish and also the boyfriend has an Old El Paso phobia.  Couldn't be bothered to make the dips and the wedges are McCain.  I don't care if it's lazy-these wedges are awesome!



Popping Candy Chocolate Orange

STILL working through the Christmas chocolate.  Had a few segments to finish this one off.


Popping Candy

Got a taste for this after the orange.  This is more for fun than taste.  We just sit there looking at each other with our rabid mouths open.




No comments:

Post a Comment