Thursday 10 February 2011

... and Relax

After yesterday's manic Ready Steady Cook style cooking (does anyone watch that nowadays?), today has been pretty tame.  No stopwatch, little mess, no competition; I feel disappointed with myself and food in general but for breakfast I had:


Fake Fruit and Fibre

Based on Sainsbury's recent performance I'm beginning to think Kellogg's deserve the extra couple of pence.  Literally every time I go shopping now they have run out of a major ingredient for my recipes.  Skin on chicken breasts? Not this time.  Spring greens? Every week but this one. Udon noodles? Nah, not today.  Why are they making my life difficult?  Last week they ran out of mushrooms. ALL MUSHROOMS! 


Jerk Chicken Salad

A slight variation on yesterday as I used leftover Jamie Oliver Cabbage Salad.  Yummy but a bit too spicy for lunchtime at my desk.  Why do I ignore the recipe and use a whole chilli plus seeds no matter what?! At least I had a Greek Yoghurt to cool me down.  Oh and I had some Quavers as a mid-morning snack.  Cereal just doesn't cut it for me.


Half a Macaroon

Another example of coconut being better with added ingredients than as Mother Nature intended.  No hammers, chisels or hair involved.  I missed clip clopping the empty shell after though...


Homemade Lasagne

I stress the homemade element because I know so many people who say they know how to make lasagne and use Dolmio (or equivalent) bolognese and/or white sauce.  I'm sorry to say that despite the adverts, Mama does not use a jar of sauce from the supermarket and you are kidding yourself.  Making your own takes about 10 minutes more and tastes better. Rant over.

I'm about to eat another brownie.  Don't judge me.




No comments:

Post a Comment