Tuesday 15 February 2011

Mega Catch Up

So entitled because I missed a day and have lots of photos to update you with.  As predicted, Sunday was messy and I was still suffering the effects last night.  I was definitely not ready to relive it.  It started after my bowl of cereal with:


Bloody Mary

I've only recently got into these because the idea of tomato juice disgusted me but they're great, especially with LOTS of Tabasco.

Lunch was slightly delayed so the Bloody Mary was followed by several:


Sparkling Wine

I remember really liking this and that it came from Majestic but I couldn't tell you exactly what this was.


Courgette Soup

This and the main were from Thomasina Miers' cookbook.  I have boycotted Wahaca and anything associated with her after watching her in Wild Gourmet's.  She was constantly banging on about 'honest food' and stabbing fish with spears in natural springs; what a lovely life it would be if we could go around catching our own food and being very pleased with ourselves.  I've never forgiven her for patronising me on that show but as lunch was being cooked by my friend my boycott was temporarily suspended.

I wish I could say the soup was disgusting but unfortunately it was delicious.  Just the right amount of chilli and the parmesan gave it creaminess as well as seasoning.  


Chorizo Ciabatta

Apart from a table disaster which led to my main being spread across the floor (the mortified look on my boyfriend's face-he caused the incident-was priceless), this was another successful Thomasina dish.  I refuse to buy the book so I might have to get my friend to handwrite the recipes and pretend they're her own creation.


Pink Sparkling Wine

Uh oh...


Cheesecake with Pineapple Caramel

This could well have been a Miers dish but I can't remember.  We ate it after the 4 of us tipsily traipsed around North London looking for a lost cat.  Luckily we found him and were rewarded with the above.  This was so good.  Light and fluffy, not too sickly and the pineapple provided a nice sweet and sour contrast to the cake.  Yum! 

It all went downhill from here:


Jagerbomb

Why would we have this on a Sunday evening after having such a lovely lunch?!  WHY?!


Red Wine or Final Nail in the Coffin

Needless to say, after missing the last tube home and paying £35 for a cab, I felt like death yesterday.  The only solution was:


Sausage and Egg McMuffin Meal

A very naughty breakfast but necessary.  Luckily no one was in the office to judge me. I couldn't stomach all of the egg so that was binned.  I would normally have orange with it but had to resort to copious amounts of Diet Coke to get me through the day.  The McDonald's actually helped though-miracle cure!


Sainsbury's Ham Salad Sandwich and Fruit Salad

I had to compensate for all the unhealthiness so had this for lunch.  Yuck! Why do I bother?  There was some hair like thing in the sandwich so binned the rest and there was some unidentifiable object in the fruit salad; binned it.  What a waste.

Strawberry Yazoo and BBQ Beef Hula Hoops

Being healthier was clearly against me so I ditched that plan and had the above.  Oh well.

It was Valentine's day and we invested in an M&S Dine in for £20 deal as we did last year. Can't go wrong.  So we had:


Coquilles St Jacques


Rump Steak with Peppercorn Sauce and Chips

We didn't have the desserts so they'll be eaten tonight and needless to say the champagne we planned to drink is still in the cupboard.  It was substituted with Appletiser.  Happy Valentine's Day!

After all that, normal service was resumed and the good old polystyrene returned for breakfast:


Beans on Toast

I forgot to take pictures of lunch but it was a Lemon Chicken Sandwich from Pret and Quavers.  Off shopping tonight so I'll hopefully come home with lots of healthy food and Sainsbury's will have all the ingredients I need for my recipes this week.  Fat chance!

















No comments:

Post a Comment