Wednesday 9 February 2011

Bored of Lunch

I am really fed up with weekday lunches.  Sometimes I take something in that I like such as noodle soup (this is becoming an obsession), chicken salad or leftovers from the night before but more often than not I don't have time or I forget.  This means I'm left to go in search of something reasonably priced and tasty in the vicinity of my office; a difficult job.

I'm sick of Boots Meal Deals which are great for price but possibly the blandest of lunch choices.  A friend tweeted yesterday regarding Boots sushi, 'Someone please remind me next time they are famous for being a pharmacy, not a Japanese eatery...'.  Forget Japanese eatery, even their carrot sticks are bland!

The usual suspects such as Pret, Eat and M&S are pretty expensive for what you get despite being tasty but the fat content in most of the former two's sandwiches (a tuna melt in Pret has over 700 calories-what?!) mean that most of the time I'd be better off going to McDonalds. This is something I would be happy to indulge in if:

1) It wasn't likely to lead to morbid obesity
2) People wouldn't judge me

So after much indecision I ended up going to Pret and having:


Crayfish and Avocado No Bread Sandwich

This looks lovely and it was really good but it did cost £3.25 for half an avocado, a few crayfish, some leaves and a bit of dressing.  There wasn't even any bread!  I think this just proves that laziness is a costly quality so if anyone knows of any quick tasty lunch ideas, please let me know.  Save me from lunch induced bankruptcy.

Yesterday I also ate:


M&S Egg Sandwich and Tall Skinny Latte

I couldn't face another canteen breakfast so I had this.  The sandwich is only £1 and M&S do make lovely sandwiches (my favourite is the Chicken and Salami one although this is in the £3+ mark-maybe I'm just a cheapskate...).  I have been slated for choosing Starbucks over local rivals but I don't care.  I like it milky!


Duck Breast, Sweet Potato Mash and Pak Choi

A good post shopping dinner.  Obviously this isn't the cheapest cut of meat you can get but I'd rather save my lunch money for nicer dinners.  Loving sweet potato mash at the mo.


Fru Cheesecake

This was ok.  I can't even remember what flavour this was (maybe passionfruit) but they're so small and so normal; I don't really get the fuss over them.

And as this blog was delayed due to making today's lunch and falling asleep in front of Charlie Brooker's show:


Dipping Egg and Soldiers

Old faithful...




No comments:

Post a Comment