Thursday 3 February 2011

Red Red Wine...

...definitely went to my head last night and therefore it was impossible for me to update my blog.  That means I need to fit two whole days of my munchings into one blog.  Here goes:

Wednesday


Canteen Crumpets

Our canteen is now self service.  This means I have to toast and butter the crumpets myself.  Not much of a problem because I never trusted the half wits in there to be fully compliant with food hygiene legislation, but I have to pay more for the privilege. I bet they're only Value crumpets too.  My own stash of Marmite makes these edible.


Marks and Spencer's Lunch

The main reason for going here was because of a voucher in the Metro.  I think it cost me more than if I had just got my lunch somewhere else.  Sucked in.  Plus the crisps hinder my breathing.  I should probably not buy them again.  I will though.


Colins!

Probably the reason my lunch was expensive but well worth it.  I'd been craving these babies so just had to get them.  They're healthy though right?!  I shared them round the office anyway (I had little choice in the matter) so it's not as bad as it looks.

Wine.


Paprika Pork

I don't remember this vividly but I know I wasn't a fan.  The reason is that I hate pork and it doesn't matter how many different recipes I try, I just can't make myself like it.  It's bland and dry and if you undercook it there's a high chance you get worms that eat you alive from the inside out.  I do, however, love all pork products; bacon, ham, pork pie, sausage rolls etc.  Just not pork in it's purist form.  I might have to give up trying.

Today


Nutri Grain Bar

These are the horrible things I used to have when at school as I refused to eat breakfast.  I was starving and there was nothing edible where I was.  Desperation prevailed.  It was only after I'd payed for the damn thing that I noticed the croissants.  Major fail.


Pretzels

I was desperate for something to stop my stomach rumbling until lunch so got these.  I like them but they make my mouth feel like the bottom of a birdcage.  Only had about a handful.


Big Mac and Regular Fries

I am weak.  A combination of vouchers in the Metro (I'm such a cheapskate at the moment) and the previous night's red wine led me to dream of this lunch from about 8am.  It was really good although very messy (I looked more barbaric than usual with lettuce and sauce around my face) but for some reason I struggled to finish it all.  Burger success; defeated by fries.


Meatballs with Roasted Vegetable and Feta

This was a recipe from Good Food Magazine but we changed it a bit.  There was no lamb mince (Sainsbury's let's us down again) so we bought some pre-made beef meatballs. We also decided to add red pepper to make it a bit more colourful and a bit of oregano to make it more Mediterranean.  We were worried this was going to be dry and bland and I actually didn't want it anymore but in fact it was very tasty and easy to make.  Winner. Sod making the meatballs from scratch though.  Why reinvent the wheel?!











No comments:

Post a Comment