Tuesday 1 March 2011

Working from Home is Good for Your Lunch

Well sometimes anyway.  It normally consists of tuna and yesterday was no different.  The only difference was this was marginally pimped up tuna and looks nice in my picture:


Tuna, Mayo, Kalamata Olive and Celery Sandwich with Cherry Tomatoes

For a boring tuna sandwich, this one was actually quite good.  Please note the 'kalamata' above.  I have had many a rant about black olives; the ones that are really black are dyed with squid ink and taste of nothing.  They do not deserve to be called olives.  Please don't buy them.

I also had a packet of cheese and onion Squares.


Mixed Mushroom Risotto

I'm not a massive fan of rice so it's not often I fancy a risotto but when I do my boyfriend grasps the opportunity with both hands.  Last night was one of those occasions but unfortunately it did more harm than good for the case of rice.  Last year, rather lazily, we bought a ready to make style risotto from Sainsbury's (it was still in date).  It basically had the rice, herbs and dried mushrooms and you had to add stock and onions.  Simple.  We ended up adding onions, stock, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan and extra mushrooms-basically all the ingredients you would use if you were making it from scratch and yet it still tasted awful due to the cheap dried herbs in the packet.  Some shortcuts are not worth taking...

Pud:


Cadbury's Creme Egg

This morning:


Tomatoes on Toast

Nothing emphasises you're back in the office more than cheap, watery tomatoes in a polystyrene box.  Holidays are definitely over.  


Broccoli and Garlic Chicken Pasta Pot

I appealed for lunchtime inspiration on Twitter and got nothing so I ended up with this from Sainsbury's (I spend half my life in there).  This was pretty good for a ready meal and the wheel of doom (calories and such) was all green .  It was followed by:


Greek Style Yoghurt with Fruit and Granola


Bellvita Breakfast Biscuits

...or mid-afternoon biscuit if you're me.  These taste good but there's no way one of these would keep me full until lunch.


Sausage and Chorizo Goulash

This was on Something for the Weekend on Sunday.  Really easy to make, hardly any washing up and very tasty.  Excellent midweek meal.  We had brown rice with it as I prefer it to white.  It actually has some taste and texture!  Recipe for the above is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sausage_and_chorizo_06598

Some baking with rhubarb happened this evening.  Photos tomorrow.














No comments:

Post a Comment