Wednesday 16 March 2011

A Fortnight of Packed Lunches

As I'm working at an outdoor event this fortnight my lunches have to be packed.  The only facility in the area is a very expensive cafe (£8.50 for fish and chips!) so I'm having to make time to get my lunch sorted the night before.  I don't mind doing this every now and then but I hate being forced to do it; I often have boring sandwiches which require minimum effort.  I also can't take leftovers that require heating up so this fortnight is miserable as lunch is the only thing that gets me through the working day.  Packed lunch inspiration for next week will be greatly received.

I'm also having trouble taking photos discreetly at this event so I've missed a few things, but yesterday's lunch was:

Pret Crayfish and Avocado Salad


I ran out of bread on Monday night.

Today's lunch was:
Prawn Cocktail Roll

Awful photo due to the covert operation needed to take the picture.  I also had a packet of Squares and a banana.  I'll try harder tomorrow although I need to finish the pot of prawn cocktail so don't get your hopes up for something exciting.

I've also eaten the following since yesterday:

Cinnamon Grahams
(you've seen them before)

Dairylea Dunker

I'm always starving when I get home from work and snacking is my achilles heel.  I really like the oniony sticks that accompany this.

Broccoli Pasta

I got this recipe from Daily Cook's Challenge.  It was quite simple to make but the recipe required too many anchovies; we put less in than the recipe said and it was still way too fishy.  I thought it was OK but C hated it due to the fishiness (despite eating two of the anchovies straight from the tin beforehand).  I think the lesson learned here is never to cook a recipe from Daily Cook's Challenge; it's got to be the worst food show around (worse than the Hairy Bikers) and I have no clue why I watch it (it's on right now in the background so clearly I never learn).

Be Good To Yourself Chocolate Mousse

I also had a low fat Hot Cross Bun for breakfast today but didn't have an opportunity to photograph it.  There are five left so I'm sure I'll get a photo at a future breakfast.







No comments:

Post a Comment