Saturday 19 March 2011

Intermittent Blogging

Unfortunately I haven't updated my blog regularly this week which is mainly due to not being able to take pictures whilst at work.  I'll do my best with what I've got from the past few days.

Wednesday evening I had a snack of:

Whole Foods Hummus and Crostini

This hummus is lovely and creamy but I think it needs a lot more garlic.  I am a bit of a garlic fiend and put it in everything but hummus just isn't right without a big garlic hit.  The crostini were very nice though.

Butternut Squash and Sage Risotto with Pancetta

Despite my dislike for rice and my last disappointing attempt at risotto I decided to give it another go.  This was much more successful and with the added pancetta (I'm not good with completely vegetarian meals) it was perfect.  One to make again I think.

Thursday consisted of a hot cross bun for breakfast, another prawn roll for lunch and for dinner:

Leek, Asparagus and Parma Ham Tart with Potato Salad

It's getting slightly warmer so the tarts and salads can show their faces again.  This was all home-made except for the puff pastry but even the top telly chefs tell you not to bother. Life's too short to make puff pastry.

Friday's breakfast was a hot cross bun (original) and lunch was leftover tart.  I had trouble deciding how to eat this in public as normally I'd use a knife and fork but it didn't seem appropriate yesterday.  I ended up using my fingers and looked decidedly like some kind of animal.  Someone described my lunch as posh though, for which I felt slightly embarrassed...

I had a bit of a snack-fest before dinner:

Slice of Parma Ham

Rye Bread with Cheddar Cheese

Still not sure about the Rye Bread.  The above cheese was shared with C.  I'm a beast but I'm not THAT bad!

Homemade Chicken Fajitas

I use lots of cumin in this recipe.  It's my favourite spice.

Fru Passionfruit Cheesecake

Just ok.  Why do we keep getting these?

This morning's breakfast:

Pancetta and Cherry Tomato Roll

Quite a posh breakfast except it was only to use up the pancetta from the other day and the roll was mouldy.  I picked off the mould and ate it anyway.

Off to the pub for lunch and to some friends for dinner.  Hope they don't mind me taking photos!












No comments:

Post a Comment