Monday 14 March 2011

Saturday to Monday

This blog covers all of the above and reflects my tardiness over the past couple of days.

Saturday lunchtime was spent at Borough Market so I had:

Falafel

The queue for this was massive and it's unlike me to queue for a vegetarian dish but I knew it would be a meatfest in the evening.  The queue was worth it except for the fact I was surrounded by idiots.  The only options on the menu were 1) falafel with salad, 2) falafel with pickles or 3) falafel with salad and pickles.  Not that difficult and yet people were having trouble choosing and felt the need to name the stall when they ordered.  Annoying.  You wouldn't order a 'McDonald's Big Mac, please' would you!

We also bought a piece of goose and garlic pie (nice but very salty) and:

Turkish Olives

Kabanos 

I had a snack of:

Cold Pizza

Dinner was another visit to #Meateasy, this time with two newbies.  I had:

Cheese Burger, Onion Rings (and Buffalo Wings that aren't in the picture)

I love #Meateasy and this was great except the burger bun was cold which massively put off one of our fellow diners.  It hasn't put me off though and we've got our next visit in the diary.  Please don't close in April...

A late night sweet snack of:

Choc Dip

Sunday breakfast was:

Pasturma

Lunch was surrounded in secrecy.  As I mentioned before, Heston Blumenthal has put me off of popcorn at the cinema due to it being ridiculously overpriced.  This time we sneaked in a sandwich and popcorn from Tesco except we got caught by a member of staff in the foyer.  I pointed out there were no signs that said we couldn't take food in and he explained that it is a UK-wide policy for ALL cinemas.  The reason for the rule is because of the mess.  THE MESS?!?! Why would shop bought popcorn make any more mess than their popcorn.  He made us promise not to eat our food in the cinema before he would let us in. We ate our food.  Rebels.

Beef Stew, Mash and Beans

This was meant to be a pie but C didn't fancy it in pie form.

I had a croissant for breakfast.
Tuna Sandwich

The bread was stale.  I left most of the crusts.

Campbell's Cream of Chicken Cup Soup

This was absolutely disgusting. Bland, tasteless and it looks like some kind of sample.

I went to Zumba for the first time tonight so had to have something quick and healthy on my return:

Japanese Noodle Soup

M&S Spring Rolls and Potato Nest Things

Hopefully I'll be good tomorrow and update promptly.

















No comments:

Post a Comment