Monday 21 March 2011

Dinner with Friends (and Lunch with Annoying Strangers)

After my posh but mouldy breakfast on Saturday:
Chicken Liver Pate


This was from the pub round the corner; a fairly new and welcome addition to the area. The only problem was the loudmouth idiots sitting next to us. I thought once their food came they would shut up but no, they spoke with their mouths full of food. Gross and annoying. They went and were replaced by some new loudmouths; lucky me! I hate people.

Dinner with friends consisted of:

Pea and Mint Soup


Lovely, thick and fresh. Yum.
Meatballs and Couscous

Not at all what I was expecting from my ex-uni housemates as I only remember them making cereal, chicken and eggs (mostly not together). Tasty, tender meatballs.


Pavlova

I don't like meringue due to the way it squeaks on my teeth! Eek! I really enjoyed this though. Crisp but not squeaky on the outside, and soft inside.

Bacon and Egg Sandwich

Breakfast in bed. What's C after?


Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bagel


Rollmop

Ate the above in between naps...

Roast Duck Leg, Potato Dauphinoise and Cabbage

I made the potato from scratch but had to use low fat creme fraiche as that's all we had. Still yummy but not as rich and creamy. I felt less guilty too!

Profiteroles

I might as well have had cream in the Dauphinoise! I really want to try the Piece Montee that Raymond Blanc made the other day but this is more accessible.

This morning:


M&S Egg Sandwich

No time to make anything.

Jerk Salad (no photo)

Fish Stick

Super Noodles
Afternoon snacks.
M&S Dine In Chicken and Potato

First Strawberries of the Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment