Wednesday 9 March 2011

Pancake Overload

It was hard to escape from pancake hysteria yesterday, and for the past couple of days, particularly on Twitter.  I'm not one to miss out on an opportunity to eat pancakes (we certainly don't restrict pancake consumption to Shrove Tuesday in our house) and so I went a bit crazy yesterday.

Firstly, my Kiwi friend bought in Pikelets:


Pikelet with Jam and Cream

These are basically Scotch pancakes or drop scones.  Very tasty although I only just discovered that Elmlea isn't real cream.  What?!?!?!  They don't make this clear on the packaging.  I feel tricked.

The pancake theme was continued for dinner:


Seafood Pancakes

This was another recipe from Something for the Weekend and was pretty good.  We just filled pancakes with mixed seafood (a fish pie mix) in a white sauce.  This was almost like a pasta bake and was very quick to make.  I plan to make this again with different fillings; chicken and spinach would be lovely.  One thing I didn't like though was the tarragon.  I'm not a fan so will avoid in future.  It's a bit too sambuca-y for me.

For dessert:


Lemon and Suger and Nutella Pancakes

My boyfriend (from now on known as 'C') was adamant that we stuck to the traditional lemon and sugar topping but I really love Nutella in a pancake so defied him for one of them.  He is responsilbe for all pancake making in the house; I don't know why but maybe it's just one of those man jobs like doing the BBQ and taking out the bins...

I also ate:


Egg and Tomato Baguette from Pret

This was ok but I thought the tomatoes would be sun dried but they weren't.  I ate a lot of eggs yesterday as you can see...


Thai Red Chicken Wrap

Disgusting.  Threw half of it away.  I'm never getting a Boots Meal Deal again.  Yuck!


Marmite and Laughing Cow Pitta

A snack to compensate for the thrown away wrap.

This morning I had:


Soft Boiled Egg with Rye Bread

I got the bread from Amsterdam as I had it with the pea soup and loved it.  Not sure how I feel about it now I'm home.  It's a bit sweet.  I might try it again at lunch.











No comments:

Post a Comment