Thursday 24 March 2011

Can Raw Chorizo Kill You?

Because I might have consumed some tonight.  Why is eating chorizo such a minefield? They should really make it clearer on the packaging...Or perhaps I should be less barbaric and not eat the ingredients before they reach the pan.

On Tuesday evening I ate:

Ikea Style Meatballs

A really lazy and unhealthy dinner consisting of pre-made Swedish meatballs, oven chips and a home-made cream sauce in the style of Ikea.  I did a lot of research to find this recipe; I probably should just buy the packet sauce from Ikea.

On Wednesday:

Toast (3 Marmite, 1 Jam)

My first breakfast at home for ages! I had Ham, Cheese and Tomato Rolls for lunch.

Egyptian Moussaka

Thursday:

A bit of a contradiction as moussaka is traditionally Greek.  The Egyptians have their own version which is basically the same, minus the cinnamon and bechamel.  I prefer the Egyptian version probably because I grew up with it and I'm close to making it taste like my mum's.  Not quite there yet!

Starbucks Strawberry Yoghurt with Seeds

I prefer savoury food for breakfast and fought extremely hard against the urge for a croissant or bacon sandwich.  I shouldn't have bothered as this was just boring old yoghurt with some soggy seeds. 

Ham Roll for lunch. 

Peri-Peri Biltong

I love biltong.  I hear it's better than Beef Jerky but then I'm never allowed to buy Jerky so I wouldn't know...

Beef Goulash

Third time unlucky.  The worst example of this dish by far.  The recipe calls for beef sausages and we actually found some this week.  Wish we hadn't.  They have a really weird texture; soft and smooth like a Richmond Sausage.  I prefer coarse sausages with a meaty texture, implying there might be meat in them.  We also used cubed chorizo (the aforementioned potential death inducer) which had less flavour and again lacked meatiness.  Back to the original amended recipe methinks (I hate people that say methinks).

I just had my second batch of strawberries.  The third batch are waiting in the fridge.  









No comments:

Post a Comment