Thursday 3 March 2011

Countdown to Dinner...

...by Heston.  I've already had my dinner tonight:


Fish and Chips (and a bite of saveloy)

This was meant to be lasagne but I managed to shove the mince in our tiny freezer.  It is the weekend after all (for us as we've booked the day off tomorrow to take advantage of Heston's set lunch)!  We also indulged in:


Champagne

This isn't a normal weeknight occurrence; it was a present for Christmas and champagne goes very well with fish and chips and long weekends.  The second glass (above) included a little Chambord (also a Christmas present) which apparently makes it a Champagne Royal.  I prefer to call it 'Champena' (Champagne/Ribena).

I had toast for breakfast but no picture as it was exactly the same as Monday.  You can use your imagination or look at the old picture.

Lunch should have been a free buffet at the conference I attended but I didn't think we got free lunches anymore so I bought my own in. Well, M&S's:


Roast Beef and Horseradish Sandwich


Blush Pear

...and I had another packet of Squares.  Ready Salted today.  Avoiding the free lunch meant avoiding inane conversation; I think that makes me a winner.

A short blog today but prepare for the Heston blog tomorrow (which you've probably seen on a thousand other blogs already but mine will definitely be better).  I'm a bit worried about the dress code though; 'comfortable' to me means pyjamas.  Not sure that will go down well...





No comments:

Post a Comment