Monday 31 January 2011

"Spag Bog"

The above is what my friend used to call spaghetti bolognese, my much dreaded dinner for tonight (actually last night due to stupid technology).  It's not that I don't like it; in fact I think I make a very good 'Spag Bog'.  It's just I never want it and so after putting it off for several months, and having given a range of alternatives all day to my boyfriend (from meatballs to lasagne to chinese takeaway), I finally admitted defeat and cooked the damn thing.

Spaghetti Bolognese


It was pretty good, especially with all the Tabasco I added, but I'm still not in love with it.  Hopefully that's the last we see of that dish for another few months.  Does anyone else call it 'Spag Bog' by the way?  I'm pretty sure the shortened version is 'Spag Bol'.  Any food with 'Bog' in the name does not appeal...

The rest of my ingestions included:

Bacon and Egg Sandwich

I cut the fat off the bacon and poached the egg in order to try and lessen the guilt.  It worked!

Tesco's Pea and Ham Soup with a Cheddar and Leek Muffin

Alright.

Steak and Al Pie Walkers Crisps

These were even worse than Frank Skinner's offering.  Taste a little bit of steak crisps with a weird sweetness (I presume the ale) after.  Yuck.  Is the joke on the people that buy these crisps?

The Last Piece of Blueberry Pie

This pie looked better than in tasted but it did the job.









No comments:

Post a Comment