Thursday 27 January 2011

Day 2 of Crispgate

I actually hate it when people put 'gate' after a word to make it sound like an event or a scandal.  In this case it doesn't actually make sense.  It implies that someone has stolen my crisps or that I've found half a dead mouse in my packet.  In fact I just ate bag two of the Comic Relief Walkers flavours.  Today's flavour was:

Stephen Fry Up

When I first saw this flavour I thought it was slightly lazy work of Walkers as they had a Builders' Breakfast flavour previously but actually these are slightly different.  This time the prevailing flavour is egg. It's a bit like eating a Willy Wonka gobstopper where the flavours come to you gradually.  First there is the fried egg which I love.  I find this surprising as normally if anything other than egg is associated with the smell or taste of egg it is probably off.  After egg you get a hint of smoky bacon topped with the sharp tang of tomato ketchup.  Impressive for a mere potato chip.  Stephen Fry Up is currently in the top spot.

The rest of today's intake included:

Be Good to Yourself Hot Crossed Bun-again

Prawn Noodle Soup.  My friend gets me these Japanese stock sachets (we think they're fish but can't read the packets so it's anyone's guess) which make awesome soup when you add chilli, garlic, ginger, prawns, veg and noodles (normally Udon but Sainsbury's let us down yet again so today was rubbish rice noodles-not so satisfying).  Really quick to make-favourite healthy lunch.

Muller Greek Style Yoghurt-again

Ryvita. These are the sweet version that you're supposed to have instead of biscuits and dunk in your tea.  Sometimes they're good to fill a hole but essentially they're sweet cardboard and do not dunk well in Jasmine tea.  Be warned.

I was looking back over my previous dinner posts and realised that they all look the same.  I decided to use the flash tonight for my carbonara and it's a little better but I think I need to work on my presentation skills.  It was very tasty and I like using the green tagliatelle to make it less of a beige dish.  It doesn't taste any different.  I did discover green lasagne is cheaper than normal though-top money saving tip!


Melon.  This may be the first glimpse of anything that would count towards my 5-a-day but I have had a banana and a pear this week too. 3 out of 20 ain't bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment