Saturday 22 January 2011

First Post

This is my first ever blog post so bear with me (if anyone's reading this).  The aim of this blog is to record all I eat in a day and hopefully post some lovely pictures of it to tempt/entertain/repulse you.  I'm pretty sure other people have done this but mine will definitely be better than theirs.

I've already forgotten to take pictures of a few things today (good start) so I may have to fill in the gaps with descriptions (of the literary masterpiece kind), drawings and clipart.

So far I have eaten:

A boiled egg with soldiers or, as I prefer to call it, a 'dipping egg'.   Timed to perfection with the Jamie Oliver '30 Minute Menu'  iPhone app.  Lovely and runny (for the record-a hard boiled egg ain't an egg unless it's eaten in a picnic on the beach and is covered in sand as well as salt).

Scallops and rustic guacomole on toasted Tiger bread.  Keeping with the Jamie Oliver theme, we saw him make this with squid on the telly the other day and have been craving it ever since however there is NO SQUID IN THE SHOPS.  To be fair I only tried Sainsburys and Tescos (hardly Billingsgate) but I'm thinking it's either out of season (are there squid seasons?) or every other bugger saw that episode too.  Anyway we substituted the squid with scallops and it was bloody lovely!  

My picture makes it look like an open Subway sandwich but it tasted better than it looked. Must work on the photos...

A cinnamon whirl.  Completely unnecessary and forgot to take a picture in my hasty greed.  You can just picture it in your head.

Tonight I'm going to the dogs and will try to remember to take pics of any food that might be consumed there.  Should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment