Monday 24 January 2011

It's Getting Tough

On day two of my food blog I realised that it's really difficult to remember to take photos of my food when there's a plate or item of food in front of me.  This is for two reasons:
1) If the food looks/smells/tastes good I am likely to gobble it down at record speed
2) I look like a tit taking photos of my food in public

Thank God for the iPhone (or whatever camera phone you happen to possess).  Yesterday when I was out for my roast with some friends I realised that to get my phone out and take a picture of my food would look both weird and rude. It was then I realised that I could turn the sound and flash off and take a picture without them knowing.  It just looked like I was checking my phone for more interesting conversation...I'll go for rude over weird any day!

Back to the important information.  Yesterday I ate:

Most of the below roast beef dinner at the Railway pub in Blackheath before I took a picture (for aforementioned reason 2). It was pretty good but the amazing looking Yorkshire was cold when it got to me (I ate it before I took the picture), I could have done with more gravy and the roast potatoes were slightly undercooked and just a bit weird.  I don't want skin on them and I want them to be very crispy (heard of goose fat?!).


After the roast I shared a sticky toffee pudding.  My share was so minuscule that I didn't bother to take a picture and yet again I forgot...

In the evening I had a fish finger sandwich with salad cream.  I forgot to take a picture again (this blog might fail) but to represent the fish fingers I ate:

Creepy Birdseye Bear

Due to all my excuses above I'll be brief with today's consumption:

Beans on Toast from work canteen

Jerk Chicken Salad made by my own fair hand last night

Muller Greek Style Yoghurt with Honey Apricot-not a yoghurt fan but love these

I wanted Fruit Salads but my friend said they didn't have them and bought Maoam instead.  Not the same but a couple of these alleviated the afternoon slump (and gave me a bit of a headache).

This was duck breast, potato gratin (bought as it was weekly shop tonight) and stir fried cabbage with garlic and chilli.

Two segments of Popping Candy Chocolate Orange left over from Christmas.

Phew!  That's enough for today.  Let's see how I do tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment