Sunday 22 May 2011

Little to Report

I haven't eaten anything inspiring in the past couple of days so this will be a bland report.  I am, however, off to Babur in Brockley tonight for the first time and hope to come back with a good review.  We'll see how it goes...

Tuesday:

Burger and Wedges
I wanted a venison burger but quelle surprise, Sainsbury's didn't have them.  Why do they do this to me?

Wednesday:
 Ham Roll
This was some posh Italian expensive ham but it tasted pretty standard to me...Perhaps I needed to eat it on its own to truly appreciate it.
 M&S Sushi Snack Pack
I was starving so had this on the train home.  Not the easiest to eat in transit.
 Lamb Kebabs and Greek Salad
Quick and easy dinner after playing squash.  I really like having this in the summer.
 Chocolate Biscuit
C got this for free from some exhibition.  It tasted like a BN if anyone remembers them (do they still do them?).  I wish there were more of them.

Thursday:
 Ham, Cheese and Mustard Roll
Jazzed up after the first day's disappointment.
 GBK Habanero Burger
I don't believe I've ever had GBK before although C insists otherwise (he's wrong). I went for this as I like spicy food(don't warn me it's hot waitress-I can read thanks!).  A little disappointed the sauce was sweet-if I wanted sweet chilli I would have had the Sweet Chilli Burger!  Amazing onion rings though.
 Starbucks Coconut and Raspberry Slice
They accidentally gave Green Tea with Peppermint instead of plain Green.  Tasted like toothpaste. Took it back.

Friday:
 Pret Prosciutto Baguette
 Italian Chicken and Bean Stew (again)
Bit too salty this time but still good.
 M&S Chocolate Swiss Roll
Saturday:
 Bacon and Egg on Granary from Toads Mouth Too
This was really good but I although this was reasonably priced, I felt that some of the other things on the menu were over-priced. A full English for example was £8.75 and you had to pay 50p extra for a sausage!  Surely a sausage is a standard part of an English breakfast...
Antipasti
Bought this stuff on a whim after sitting in the sun for a few hours.  I need to go to Italy.
Lasagne
Sticking with the Italian theme...

No comments:

Post a Comment