Tuesday 17 May 2011

Lazy Cook

I've eaten pretty badly in the past week and I haven't cooked much. This is due to a mixture of being very busy and very lazy but also because as much as I love cooking, I also love eating out. This week however, mainly due to final countdown to payday, I'm going to try and be a bit better and cook more (except for tonight as I'm getting an M&S meal deal because of zumba and Thursday as I'm going out for dinner...).

So last week's culinary delights included:


Vegetarian Samosa from The Raj Blackheath


Lamb Karahi (as above)
There was a bit of a disaster here as they accidentally delivered me a korma instead of karahi. I would normally settle for what I was given but I absolutely cannot eat korma as its essentially dessert. Luckily they offered to deliver the correct order and all was right with the world again. It turns out I do still like lamb so maybe it's just shanks I have a problem with. Unsurprising really as shank is the most unappealing name for food.


Starbucks Croque Monsieur (shared)
mail-3.jpeg
M&S Sandwich Selection

Perfect for the indecisive...


mail-4.jpeg
Wotsits
mail-5.jpeg

Drifter
Only 99 calories (because it's tiny!).
Asparagus Risotto
Decided to make a Parmesan crisp with this on a whim. Nice except a fly landed in my food again!!!

mail-7.jpeg




Strawberry
Poached Egg on Toast


Ikea Meatballs
The main reason for visiting Ikea.

Toffee Crisp (see Drifter)

Sainsbury's Meal Deal Pasta Thing


We were going to make a lovely tuna nicoise but a bargain got the better of us! It was alright.


Profiterole (made the deal worthwhile)

McDonald's Cream Cheese Bagel

Poor cousin to the Sausage and Egg McMuffin.




Sainsbury's Pasta

Overpriced and disappointing.

Japanese Soup


Tuna Sandwich

I don't normally eat white bread but it's all they had. It seems to last longer than brown but perhaps it's because it has loads of unhealthy chemicals in it.




Venison Burger and Wedges

Very tasty and healthier than beef. The plastic cheese probably wasn't the best but I like it!




Pret Chicken and Asparagus Baguette

Ok but the asparagus was under cooked. I like it with a bit of crunch but this was practically raw!


Strawberries

Picante Quesadilla

I'm keeping this place in business!

Chilli Con Carne
Toast
Roll with Cheese and pickle (plus Boursin on Krispbread)

This was all meant to be posted yesterday but Blogger was playing up for me...




No comments:

Post a Comment